Thursday, May 21, 2009

It tastes like a bagel, but.....

Today, was a sad day. I failed at my first attempt to make bagels:(
I followed the directions to a"T" but my bagels are UGLY! (they do taste great though)
The directions said to "sprinkle" cornmeal on an ungreased cookies sheet...well Im now having to remove the bagels with a jack hammer, next time I will grease the cookie sheet!
After they rose for the 1st time...the dough was super sticky. Is it supposed to be? So this was the best I could do.
Who knew you had to boil bagels before you baked them? Yes the pot is bent, I dropped it, it still works though.
The final product! Yes, you can laugh. I am.
They do taste good though.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so laughing right now. Sorry! :o) At least they taste good!

Gary and Samantha said...

Lol thanks Rach!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! You make me laugh AND now I want one! So much for todays diet...

Gary and Samantha said...

I could probably throw you one and it would still look the same :)