Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's almost Christmas!

I am so excited for Christmas! Were hopefully going to New Mexico and get to spend it with my family! Good food, Good company, and decent weather should make for a great trip!
We had Thanksgiving lunch with Garys dads family and then dinner with his mom and her family...I love my inlaws but nothing compares to a Barrera get together. There is always so much yummy food, and my family is all there...mom, brother, grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles are all there. There is always a great conversation happening somewhere, always someone laughing.
I might just be missing home a lot right now and thats why I am making it out to sound great, but I really do miss having a lot of family around. And I miss feeling like I belong to a family, does that sound weird? But I really dont feel like I fit in with my inlaws. I really do love them all dearly and enjoy most of them, but I always feel like an outsider.
Oh well, gotta make the best of it!
On Black Friday, I got a Cricut! Im so excited to use it, but since it's my bday present, I dont get to play with it until the end of December!
This was my random post about nothing really...I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Courtney Ekman said...

I'm sorry you had an "awkward" Thanksgiving... I know the feeling (as in, every time I even talk to Carl's parents on the phone, even). : )

Yay for going home for Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time. And yay for your new Circuit! I want one someday too! I can't wait to see what you do with yours!