Monday, June 20, 2011

Ahh updates!

So I thought I would start this off on a depressing note 
{I'm that fun of a person!}
I have ovarian cancer, its super-rare and my doctors are unsure how to treat me.

The good news now!!
I am only at stage 1! My surgery was a success. The Dr removed my right ovary/tumor which was the size of a football. I have a nice 12" incision down my belly and has given me nothing but issues, but I am glad that is my only issue after surgery. My 3 day stay in the hospital turned into a 7 day stay because I kept getting infections any place they tried to put an IV in me {and they tried lots of places}. 

My pathology stuff came back too, my lymph nodes, odentum (?), and some other stuff came back negative for cancer. 

So all were waiting on now is to talk to the chemo therapy Dr. and then she and my oncologist will discuss if I need chemo or not. It sounds like they are leaning towards yes, as a precaution. I don't want to have it but if it keeps me with my family longer then, why not? 

It has been a hard few months, and I am anxious to get this over with. The waiting is the hardest right now, I don't sleep anymore and Gary has found me zoning out a lot. I want to call it day-dreaming, but its not its more like day-nightmares, cause I can just imagine the worst (I think I get that from my Nana). 

Thanks to my mom, Garbear, and my good friend Zennetta for being awesome and helping me with everything!! I love you all and couldn't have made it through the last few months without you and your generous help. 

2 comments:

Sean and Hollee said...

Sam I am here for you. Don't be afraid to call if you need anything. Keep me updated on what's going on. Hope to see you soon.

Rocky said...

Sam, I am so sorry to learn you have ovarian. Cancer, but so relieved it is stage one and so far you are not having the worse of the side effects from the treatments. I amhave so gladwanted you're sharingtired youe journey. Please know we will be reading and praying along the way!