Friday, July 8, 2011

Who's bones are these?

  It seems that I am finally having some sort of reaction to the neulasta shot (or else I just developed arthritis all of a sudden?) Since getting the shot I have been having some mild pain on the back of my hips (I guess that's my lower back huh?) and my shoulder blades. The pain has been tolerable and I haven't needed to take anything for it. Well, this morning I woke up with the worst body aches EVER! Everything from my ankles to my jaw hurts. I want to take a bath in Bengay! I have just taken Ibuprofin, I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back and I wont be opposed to something that will knock me out for 3-4 days.

  So far that is the only major physical thing I have had happen to me, emotionally....is another story. I don't see myself in the mirror, I'm not crazy, I just don't see me. I don't like my short hair, my puffy face, my sunk in eyes, the circles around my eyes. Ive always thought that my eyes were my best feature, I love my eyes! They are wonderful eyes, they allow me to see, but they are also the only part of me that look just like my moms -love my eyes! But lately I dont see myself in the mirror, I feel very blessed most days to be as lucky as I am, but I feel like this illness has finally taken over my body cause I dont look like how I feel (most days). I am rambling and I dont think I make any sense mostly because I'm still dreaming of that Bengay filled bathtub....

Blessing for the day: My eyes :0)

1 comment:

megankremer said...

you do have beautiful eyes :) ever done yoga? i know some older ladies that do it to help with their arthritis and have great results. Same idea right?! :) Still laughing about the bengay filled bathtub!