Friday, July 1, 2011

Almost at the end of Day 5

I'm almost outa here!
(for a little while, anyways)

I am on my last bag of chemo for the day! Today my nausea has taken over and for the first time I had a hard time eating lunch. I wish I could survive on Cristal Light and Peanut Butter crackers. This has been a long week, one of the longest of my life. So much has happened, we have made so many changes, learned new information, felt love from so many people, and made a few new friends.

This is my IV "tree" this is all the meds I get on a "normal" day, minus the one that I need to finish out my day

Tomorrow I have to go to LDS hospital to get my Neulasta shot. That's the one that sends immature white blood cells into my body from my bone marrow, causing me intense joint pain (hooray!) But I need those little boogers to come out and fight whatever infections I may encounter, so bring on the percocet! (Just kidding, my nurse gave me very explicit instructions to start with Tylenol, that's what I will do :0)

Other than being very tired, disgusted with most of my favorite foods, and having a killer headache 24/7. This week has been OK.

I am so overwhelmed at the people in our lives. We love you all thank you for the support, love, and prayers.

Blessing for the day: I made it through the week without having an emotional breakdown. And that is thanks to my wonderful support group. Gary, Mom, Mom (Wanda), Zennetta, Grant, Dad, Amber, Britton, & All of my wonderful friends, cousins, aunts, & uncles who keep calling me daily,giving me tons of love and encouragement. I love you all thank you so much!



No comments: